Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Pagan White Magic at Work!

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," counting down the hours to the end of this dreadful retrograde! Soon. Oh so soon.

I know there have been many Pagans doing the good work to sink the McCain/Palin ticket. And blessed be, no one's shouting for the death of either candidate ... or calling them terrorists. Most religions have rules about that kind of thing. And sensible people don't wish anyone else dead, even if there's no religion in the picture.

But magick is in the air, oh yes! Faeries in a frenzy, deities dancing with delight!


Skeptic, you may call this a coincidence if you like. But tonight, Wednesday, is the final presidential debate. And at exactly the same hour, the Philadelphia Phillies will be on the verge of making it to the World Series!

So who's going to watch a silly baseball game instead of a serious presidential debate? HALF OF THE STATE OF PENNSYLVANIA, including ALL THE PHILLY SUBURBS, that's who!

Yes, Pennsylvania, that big, sought-after battleground state, will mostly be otherwise engaged tonight. The timing is impeccable.

I might be wrong about this, but I think the last time the Phillies were in the World Series was 1983. So if they punch their way through tonight, it will be a small (and lovely) miracle. And if they distract the Pennsylvania electorate as I think they inevitably will, no amount of McCain improvement will change the numbers in the Keystone State.

Mindful that magic works in mysterious ways, I shout: "Play ball!"

7 comments:

sageweb said...

If anything exciting happens during the debate it will be played to death over and over again on the news. I would say go Phillies...but being from LA.. Go Dodgers!

Evn said...

While not being that big of a baseball fan, I am geographically obligated to root for the Astros.

That said... Go Phillies! Beat McCain! Play ball!

Tlachtga said...

The last time the Phillies were in the World Series was 1993--but they lost to the Blue Jays. I was a freshman in high school, and really upset.

I'm so excited this time, though--go Phillies!

Aquila ka Hecate said...

I listened to that debate broadcast live on my local radio station this morning, as I was getting up and ready for the day.

McCain sounded like a grumpy old man. Oh, wait...

Love,
Terri in Joburg

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Anne, you won the greeting cards from yesterday. Send me an email with your info for shipping :O)

mrsbbradley AT hotmail DOT com

Anonymous said...

anne johnson:

It looks like my Red Sox might be playing their last game of the season this evening. If that's the case I release all of my crossed fingers to you (except those committed to Obama) to use for the Phillies.

democommie

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the game (much like a Dodgers fan), but heard someone mention today that every time the Phillies win a World Series, a Republican wins the election. Of course, they've only won once, in 1980. Not much of a record there. Nonetheless, I hope they can break that curse and win the Series just before the Democrats retake the White House.