Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Will the U.S. Constitution Buy an Indulgence?

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," looking for a federal grant for our faith-based initiative since 2000!

What? A Druid with a faith-based initiative? Yeppers, it's called Save Terrapin Run. I don't see why the federal government won't give us money to preserve a clean little stream and all its innocent critters from an evil developer. Shouldn't Right to Life extend to crawdads?


Federal funding for faith-based initiatives. Hey, Librarian of Congress! Give me that copy of the U.S. Constitution so I can take my scissors to the First Amendment!

I do have a super-duper suggestion for the Roman Catholic Church. They will be issuing indulgences this summer to their members who don't crave long, boring eons in Purgatory. Quite nice of them, don't you think? Now you really can buy the stairway to heaven.

So let's get a federal grant for all the Roman Catholics who want to take advantage of the indulgence initiative. Because, you know, the priests say there's no money involved, but the indulgee has to go to a shrine. You think when the indulgee gets to the shrine, no one's gonna ask for a donation?

Here's my solution. The Catholic Church should apply for a federal grant that will give poor Catholics bus fare and spending money for their indulgences. It's a win-win situation. Indulged Catholics make better voters, and clearly the government doesn't need the money for anything else or it wouldn't be dumping largesse on religious organizations.

As usual, this advice is offered free of charge.

Now I've got to go finish my grant proposal. It's called "Application by Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids for Ecological Research and Non-Development of Dry Branch Stream Beds in Appalachia and Other Mountainous Regions."

Beannachd leat,

THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha mom you cant play a game that is designed for five year olds on clubpengin dont worry alot of people who babysat fred filnstone when he was a baby and you were 25 cant do it so dont be sad and plus i still love you even though i am the spare child ugggggggggg what does heir inheirt the loud mouth bird!!!!!! Look at my amasing broken robot [-_%] hehehehehehehehehehehhehehe
Well mamma tell all your internet blog thingy buddies hello and tell my home dawg chongnada word up hehehehe and remember.....................................................................................................................................................................................
BERRIES AND CREAM
BERRIES AND CREAM
I'M A LITTLE LAD WHO LOVES
BERRIES ABD CREAM
*UP THE OCTAVE*
BERRIES AND CREAM
BERRIES AND CREAM
I'M A LITTLE LAD WHO LOVES
BERRRRRRRIIIIEEESSS ANDDDD CCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEAAAAAAMMMM

*AND THATS IT (KICKS LIKE A CHEERLEADER) NO THATS WAS IT HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
~~~~Olivia your most beautiful, humerous, optomisic,forgiving, pretyy, gorgous, cook of a daughter not to mention my killer looks which i have acctully mention a few times and folks if you havent caught on now i am not very modest either jk :)

BBC said...

If you ran your own planet would you use the constitution? No, you would not.

It is therefore a piece of crap. :-)

Anne Johnson said...

If I ran my own planet I would certainly use the real U.S. Constitution and follow it. I wouldn't even leave out the part about the right to bear arms, so I'd probably get shot on my new planet.