Thursday, June 21, 2007

What You Hear on the Radio


Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored" on Summer Solstice 2007! Get out your drum, light your bonfire, and have a TaB and a smile!


I'm driving home from the last day of school, and it's getting close to 2:06, the official beginning of summer. Lo and behold I hear on the radio:

"More than 20,000 Druids greeted the Summer Solstice at Stonehenge, even though the sun didn't cooperate. Through clouds and fog the crowd celebrated: Druids, hippies, and Pagans..."

This coming from a news radio four time zones from Stonehenge.

I don't know about you, reader, but I count that as a fine bit of publicity for the Old Time Religions!

As for the hippies, well, all hail hippies! We at "The Gods Are Bored" never argue with sex, drugs, and rock n roll.

Summer's here and the time is right for dancin in the street!

For my good friends in the other hemisphere, get ready, your sun's a-comin' home.

Beannachd leat,
ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS

2 comments:

Nettle said...

I heard this too! My husband and I both cheered to hear the words "20,00 0 druids, hippies and pagans" on MSNBC. Being druids, hippies and pagans ourselves, we're not used to being mentioned on the news.

Happy Solstice!

Anonymous said...

ah to have been there, even if the sun didn't shine

Blessings
Joyous Solstice

Mama Kelly