Sunday, June 17, 2007

The First International Faerie Convention!

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" Confound all conventional wisdom!

In the next few months we may become a tad repetitive. That's because we're mounting a full court press for The First International Faerie Convention, to be held in Philadelphia, PA on October 14 and 15, 2007.
EXHIBIT A: BRIAN FROUD WILL BE A CONTRIBUTOR TO THE CON!


Now coming into vogue are "cons," or conventions, like Otakon, a gathering of manga fans. A huge gathering of manga fans.


"Con" may very well be the operative word, because these events are rather costly.

However, if you happen to like the concept of the con, and you're content to converse with congenial conspirators, you configure your conviviality and find much pro in the con!

We at "The Gods Are Bored" find faeries fascinating. We are consumed by contemplating this conclave as a confirmation of Celtic congregationalism!

Mark your calendar now, save money by purchasing your tickets early, and by all means let us know if you plan to converge on the con! We'll convene as a conspicuous confederacy ... the more the merrier!

FROM ANNE
CONGO AND CONDOR CONTRARIAN

3 comments:

Angela-Eloise said...

This sounds really fun - especially the masquerade balls. When I was in Dublin last summer I discovered a designer, Claire Garvey, who makes the most amazing dresses. They look like faery costumes. I wonder if she could make something without me having to go all the way back to Dublin.

Rosie said...

I would so love to be at Otakon...I'm such an Otaku. I probably could make a mint doing costumes for cosplay. I had a girlfriend who I think probably was only into me for the costume designer thing. She was big into cons. I sewed my fingers to the bone for that woman...but she did make a really great Zena Warrior Princess.

BBC said...

I won't be there, I can't keep traveling all over and call myself an ecologist, but have a good time. Hugs.