Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Fait Accompli

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," the premiere site on the World Wide Web for vulture worship and sound tips for furniture restoration!

It's 10:55 p.m., and I'm just back from Wenonah, NJ. I spent the evening rehearsing buzzard dance steps to the epic hymn, "Dead Skunk in the Middle of the Road."

I'm proud to announce that the East Coast Vulture Festival is entirely sold out. Three hundred -- count 'em, 300 -- tickets sold. We're going to show this world how vultures can make life better! (Or at least cleaner.)

What a gift to me from the bored gods. If this event were being held anywhere within a 100 mile radius of my home, I would have made plans to attend. As it is, it's a 30 minute drive, I've gotten to meet fellow vulture enthusiasts, and ... oh, very best of all ... I get to participate!!! I am so psyched I can hardly see straight!

Oh, may I make proper homage to the Sacred Golden Purifier (aka turkey vulture)! In Vultures We Trust.

My cat Beta helpwwd mw rqirw this entry.

FROM ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BERKELY SPRINGS

2 comments:

BBC said...

Sounds like fun.

bbumnmdu

Why in the hell do they need something that long for word verification?

Tennessee Jed said...

Never thought of how picked clean the world might be with vultures until I read your thoughts on the subject. Thanks Anne!

I wish I could go back in time and be one of your students. Safely I say you are still teaching me something.