Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Win-Win

I believed my daughter The Spare when she said that her teachers at Snobville High would not be showing the inauguration, except the world civ teacher she has from 1:45 to 2:30, when it will be over. So I wrote her a note to come home with her dad.

As for me, I'm going to work. But it's slippery as a rink outside this morning, both Camden public schools are closed, and the Vo-Tech -- although open -- draws its student body from Camden.

If five students are absent, I will be able to leave work early and watch the inauguration with my daughter. If not, I will be able to watch the inauguration on a big-screen t.v. in a classroom filled with minority students who adore Barack Obama.

There's no losing proposition here.

2 comments:

sageweb said...

Yippeee...what a great day and what a great way or ways you get to spend it.

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm still grinning...