Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Faeries vs. Descartes

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" If you're just joining us for the first time, you'd better stop right now and go look for your car keys. We're faeries, and we're gonna hide your keys and screw up your Monday morning commute!

Oooops! Tomorrow's Columbus Day! Okay, federal workers. We'll hide your keys Monday night!

Ha ha ha! You'll never blame us, because you don't believe in faeries, now do you?

Oh ye of small mind. If your sorry ancestors could cross the waters on those little wooden ships, how much of a stretch was it for us?

We faeries enjoy puns and riddles. Today we're going to put our legerdemain up against the great French philosopher, Rene Descartes.

It was Descartes who said, "I think, therefore I am."

Wow. Heavy. Ha ha! C'mon, work with us now!

"I think, therefore I am."

"I drink, therefore I am."

"I think, therefore I drink."

"I stink, therefore I scam."

"I sink, therefore I swam."

"My sink, therefore it's jammed."

"I shrink, therefore I expand."

Puck says this is the best one....

It's inspired by Anne Johnson's rude country upbringing....

And Anne is a faery in training ... an apprentice nixie, actually ...

Ready for this?



"I'm pink therefore I'm Spam."

Surprise us! Send us your Descartes originals! Earn your way into Sidhe, where everyday's Never-Neverland!

A BLESSED SAMHAIN TO YOU,
THE FAERIES OF BERKELEY SPRINGS

2 comments:

EarthCitizen #23 said...

I have a blog post entitled:
I Question everything, therefore I am...

other, I thinks, I like:
"I think, therefore I am Vegetarian"
"I think, therefore I am not Republican, nor Democrat"
"I think, therefore I bitch"
and
"I think, therefore I am not George Bush."

Anonymous said...

I'm a fink, therefore I ran