Wednesday, March 04, 2020

I Got It Done!

If you want to drop off the map, go to the hobby store and purchase a baby quilt kit. Your trembling hands will be busy for months and months. Finally, with the recipient a healthy 4 weeks old, the Great 2020 Baby Quilt is finished!

EXHIBIT A: I MADE THIS JAWN


It's revealed now because it has been delivered. I did enjoy making it, because while it's a cheesy kit, it has a little bit of an edge to it. The elements kind of sneak out of their squares, and the central tulip spreads over two squares. I didn't put a back on it or any ruffles, because I wanted it to be light and portable, and washable (which it is).

I also didn't sign it because I didn't want to mess with its vibe.

I hope this pleases the Bored Gods. They let me live long enough to finish it, so there's that.

5 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

how lovely! I hope the baby and the mama enjoy it!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's gorgeous, Anne! And yes, that wee bit of rebellion in it -- flowers sneaking outside the line of their boxes -- I see why that would appeal to you! Blessed be the baby who uses it, the woman who endured childbirth, and the woman who made the quilt!

yellowdoggranny said...

that is so lovely..you rock.

Janie Junebug said...

It's beautiful! I love to embroider. It relaxes me.

Love,
Janie

Andrea Charles said...

Dear Anne, I should say that is one beautiful quilt you have made for the baby. Though certain elements do sneak out of the box, its done very beautifully. Thank you for sharing this very personalised piece of art filled with loads of love and emotions. I am sure the baby and the mommy are going to love this incredible Jawn.