Monday, March 16, 2020

Home for Quite A While

Hello and welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," CORVID-9 edition! Forget the coronavirus, I'm avoiding the crow-navirus!

EXHIBIT A: THE DANGER IS REAL



Mr. J and I are in a high-risk group for the virus, so we are chilling at home for at least the next two weeks. I'm essentially an alarmist, so I stocked the freezer on March 7. I didn't stockpile more than Mr. J and I would need, though. That's despicable, doing that.

Even when I went on March 7 there was no bleach, no wipes, and no hand sanitizer. I did get a package of toilet paper, and let me just say...

EXHIBIT B: THE DANGER IS REAL


I know some of you who donated paper and pencils to my classroom are wondering: How are my students going to do their schoolwork at home? There are indeed many kids at my school who don't have Internet, or only have smart phones. I made paper-based packets for all my students, and their work will go into writer's notebooks that we set up in September and use all year. I gave some precious loose leaf to the kids as well. No one should have to type a paper on a smart phone with their thumbs. And those assignments? They're based on personal choice books the kids took from my classroom -- books that y'all sent me. Books that they will want to read.

As you might imagine, being confined to my house means I'll have plenty of time to blog. I'm going to try to figure out how to set up a blog for my classroom that will be independent of this one. But I'm also going to get back up to speed on this one.

May the Bored Gods bless and keep you. Stay safe, maintain a distance at work, and remember to check Etsy for all the vendors you'll miss at your spring festivals!

Talk to you tomorrow, crow-navirus willing,

Anne

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, the upside of self-isolation is that we all have more time to blog and to read blogs, LOL! Stay safe, Anne and Mr J.

Janie Junebug said...

I hope you take some time to relax.

Love,
Janie

anne marie in philly said...

stay safe, kids.

CraveCute said...

We've closely followed the viral news and stocked up in Febr. just in case. Time to hunker down and spend my time cleaning the house and clearing out the junk. Wishing you a healthy confinement.