Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ritual



Grove of the Black Oak had a wonderful Samhain Ritual today. It included a hike to the Pennsylvania champion black oak for which our Grove is named. Spare and I also visited this tree in the picture, which is about 50 yards from our Ritual site. The words are: "My path follows you and yours me. Which is your TREE. What is your KEY."

Part of our Grove's afternoon was a hike to the Pennsylvania champion black oak for which the Grove was named. It is a marvelous tree, and when we got to it, each of us fell into a private reverie.

My reverie had to do with Pennsylvania and how I have a tenuous hold on the farm where my ancestors lived for generations.

From one oak in a park, to many others on a property in Bedford County 250 miles away. I prayed to keep my farm.

Now, while the veil is thin, I petition my ancestors. Help me keep the farm.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At October 25, 2009 , Blogger Leviathan said...

I send you positive energy in your effort to keep your beloved farm. I am in a similar situation, my farm is in Tenn.

 
At October 25, 2009 , Blogger Nettle said...

It was a wonderful day! Great to see you as always.

 
At October 25, 2009 , Blogger YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

candle lit..prayers sent..




chin up..tits out.

 
At October 25, 2009 , Blogger Debra She Who Seeks said...

May the universe hear your prayer! Great photo of you and the tree!

 
At October 26, 2009 , Blogger Gruvkitty said...

Since I'm a newer reader, I don't know much about your farm battle, but I'm sending you positive energy and prayers hoping it works out well for you.

xoxo

 
At October 26, 2009 , Blogger THE Michael said...

Let us ALL keep our Holds, and hold them dear, and in our hearts, keep each other near........

 
At October 26, 2009 , Blogger Hecate said...

So mote it be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home