Thursday, April 02, 2009

Thoughtless Moments

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," celebrating excessively on April Fool's Day since Lyndon Johnson became president!

It seems like I spent all of yesterday tweaking someone, starting here at "The Gods Are Bored" and extending to Facebook, where I proclaimed that I was expecting a baby. Some of my pranks were tasteful, some not. Oh well. The faeries made me do it!

A blog titled "Thoughtful Moments" would be the extreme opposite of what goes on here. But a blog titled "Thoughtless Moments" would be a good fit, don't you think?

We could start with a proper quotation or other uplifting Scripture:

"He who hesitates is lost."

And then let the faeries have at it:

"He who legislates is boss."

And then provide the necessary commentary:

Blah blah blah blah. Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah.

Now insert the part about accepting donations, and voila! Done!

This is a lot easier than doing "The Gods Are Bored" every day. And finally it's starting to sound like a religion blog! I call that progress.

4 comments:

Maebius said...

The Gods are Gourd... I follow the Gourd!
(no, not the shoe, you heretic!)

Dancing With Fey said...

What were the other jokes you played?

Anne Johnson said...

I woke The Spare up by telling her there had been a devastating fire at her school, and that she would be bused to a school in a different district, and all her friends would be bused to yet another school. She wept.

Yeah. That one was waaayyyy overboard. So I bought her a basket of goodies and surprised her with it, and promised never to April Fool her again. Ever.

yellowdoggranny said...

i was 5 years old when i had my first april fools joke played on me..my daddy said he had a big surprise for me but couldn't get it till 6pm and i had to be good all day or i couldn't get it.so i spent an entire day of staying out of trouble and for me at 5 that was hard work..no jumping out of the bushes screaming 'caca doodoo' at the post man. no cussing, no obscene gestures, no talking back to mother. man it was the longest day of my life..finally at 6 ...i ran to my dad and said where's my surprise? and he said 'april fool's..and I said 'what the caca doodoo is april fools?'..."YOU LIED TO ME?"...I was pissed, daddy was crestfallen cause he had accidentally hurt his little girls feelings..so after that...there were no more april fools jokes..ever..