Saturday, April 08, 2006
It's Our Anniversary!
Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" This week we will celebrate the anniversary of the beginning of this web log. How time flies when you're having fun!
I want to thank all of you who stop by to read about the bored gods. Thanks to all who have left comments. Thanks to all who just read and scoot. Thanks to you who have linked me to your own work. That's a real honor, and I don't take it lightly.
Through this humble space on the World Wide Web, I have made friends on two continents. I've been included in an awesome team of righteous hillbilles called the Appalachian Greens. I've been able to publicize my favorite causes: Saving Terrapin Run, visiting Beautiful Berkeley Springs, and of course giving time and support to all the bored gods!
Sadly, I will be away next week paying respects to my departed Aunt Gloria, a fine lady who never let a giggle die in her throat.
So I've compiled a list of "The Gods Are Bored" Top Ten for you to look at while I'm gone, if you so choose. These are posts I liked a lot, ranked from least favorite to most favorite.
10. "Oh, Poor Dolly!" In which Felicity pays the price for political correctness. (October 18, 2005)
9. "Family Reunion." What if this stadium was filled with your ancestors? (November 8, 2005)
8. "Turtle Dove Love," a touchy topic from my church lady days. (May 4, 2005)
7. "Pickett's Slots," on the bright idea of building a casino at Gettysburg Battlefield. (January 12, 2006)
6. "Teenage Rebel Run Amok," poor parenting at its worst! (February 28, 2006)
5. "I Know It's Only Rock n Roll." Personal opinion of a certain famous rock group. (February 5, 2006)
TOP FOUR GODS ARE BORED!
4. "Asherah Wednesday," a visit with God's ex-wife. (November 8, 2005)
3. "Intelligent Design." What this blog's all about! (May 6, 2005)
2. "Rednecks, White and Blue." Anne at her colorful best! (June 27, 2005)
AND NOW ... DRUM ROLL ...
1. "The Collected Works of Mr. Applegate." What a devil this guy is! Comes sneaking around my blog when I'm not home, whining about how awful his boss is and how he's been given a raw deal. Don't tell me your problems, Satan. Read the fine print next time you sign a contract!
("Evidence for the Defense," 5/05; July 18 and 21, 2005, August 3 and 12, 2005; September 13, 2005; October 5, 2005; December 17, 2005)
I told you he looks like a bunny.
We at "The Gods Are Bored" end this post with a shameless plea for you to buy the spring, 2006 issue of Faerie Magazine, in which you'll find Anne's awesome piece on Berkeley Springs! Ask for it at your local Big Box Bookstore. Chances are they've shelved it behind the Dr. Laura Digest.
I just love writing this drivel! Please re-join me on April 18, 2006. We need to make plans for the upcoming faerie festivals!
THE MERLIN OF THIS FABULOUSLY LOVELY PLACE