Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," where your advice is welcome and wanted! We value your comments, because that's how we learn to deal with bad bored gods!
Oh dear readers, the dreadful Tiki now lies in blissful booze-fueled slumber on a bed of leaves! Some time in the 24 hours after I poured a whole bottle of Triple Sec at his feet, he fell over! I guess I got him rip-roarin' drunk.
Exhibit A: Truth in Advertising
My daughter The Heir thinks that when the Tiki wakes up with a morning head he's gonna be worse than ever. What do you think?
Evn tagged me with a witty new meme. I couldn't have thought of a better one in a month of Pagan holidays! Here it is:
10 RANDOM THINGS FROM YOUR DESK DRAWER
Open the drawer closest to your computer, pull out 10 things, and say what they are.
(Evn, this is bloody brilliant. Whovever you work for ought to give you a raise).
Annie's Random Writer's Desk Drawer Objects
1. The first bank book that ever was put into my name, from First Federal Savings and Loan of Hagerstown, 27-33 N. Jonathan St., Hagerstown, MD. Last transaction on last page, 14 July 1978. Withdrawal, $130. I needed some money for Bastille Day. Vive la France!
2.Interesting Scenes Pennsylvania Turnpike: "America's Super Highway." Postcard booklet with 8 cards of the brand-new Pennsylvania Turnpike. Postcard stamps cost 1 1/2 cents "without message." I will sell this to the highest bidder, email me.
3. A bead necklace The Spare bought at the flea market. Sky blue.
4. Mildly used Crest toothbrush. Also available to highest bidder.
5. Crewel embroidery scissors. Wouldn't part with them for the world, so don't ask.
6. Tape measure. So finally I found it! Damn faeries! I've been looking for it everywhere!
7. Another treasure: Dancing Bear stamp from Woodstock Trading Company. Does anyone have an ink blotter?
8. Multicolored lizard pin. Defies any other description. Will autograph for highest bidder.
9. Green ponytail holder with jingle bells, left over from Xmas, perfect for Home Rule Day, highest bidder as above.
10. Tarot of the Holy Grail. Tarot deck based on the Knights Templar and other elements of Medieval mysticism. Possibly the most fascinating Tarot deck I've ever seen.
Oh gosh, now I'm rooting around like I usually do when I'm hunting for a pen, or a pencil, or a paper clip! Can't resist this one last gem:
11. Baltimore Orioles World Series 1983 "American League Champions" pin. Authentic. Pardon me for borrowing from Jimmy Buffett, but, how it got here I haven't a clue. Bids start at $100.
This meme is far too great for a slow spread. I hereby tag everyone who reads my blog today! Open that desk drawer! Spill those secrets!
I love you all.
THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS