Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Off We Go

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," out of town until Friday!

Well, we've lost 4,000 Americans in a battle over crude oil. But be prepared, gentle readers, especially if you're under the age of 25.

(I know that narrows the field quite a bit.)

Read my article in The Smart Set and ask yourself if you can't see a whole new reason for warfare on the horizon.

Back to meaningless laughter on Friday! Christopher Hitchens says women don't know how to be funny. I say he ought to see me trying to put washer fluid in my car, and he'd change his mind.

"Bottled Water World," by Anne Johnson: http://www.thesmartset.com/

4 comments:

Jeff said...

Great article!!!

My parents mentioned the last time we were there that they aren't anywhere near as worried about running out of oil as of running out of potable water.

One thing that you left out of your analysis of the health of bottled water: After 6 months, the plastic starts to leach toxins into the water, so that eventually you end up with something not at all healthy. If it sits there on the shelf for long enough, you can even taste it. And since bottled water doesn't have "born-on dates" (like some beers), you really have no way of knowing how long the water has been sitting there in the bottle.

That's one of the primary reasons why I avoid plastic bottled water.

Did they let you poor judges out for frequent bathroom breaks??? I sure do hope so!

yellowdoggranny said...

wow, that was a terrific article..i wouldn't buy bottled water if someone put a 30 ought to my head...i like my water with tea bag floating in it...

BBC said...

The way things are going it will be 5000 soon enough. As for bottled water, have never bought it, never will.

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Christopher Hitchins is a damned sozzled drunk.

Yes, the next fights will be over water.

Love,
Terri in Joburg
who also doesn't touch bottled water