Sunday, January 30, 2022

Got It!

 You might have read that the Least Coast got a snowstorm on Friday night.

Here in Haterfield, we got about 7 inches of snow. Most of it fell in the overnight hours. By morning my yard was chock a block with wild birds, all fussing around the feeder.

The snow tapered off by noon, and I went out to shovel. My next door neighbor helped with the hardest part, so I was done in about 30 minutes. 

Then I went inside to bake cookies for my neighbor. But they didn't turn out quite right. I think I put too much sugar in them. So I ate them myself.

The Fair and her boyfriend stopped by in the evening to borrow the sleds. Fair made a snow angel in the front yard.

I built a fire in the fireplace as soon as it got dark.

Best part? I bought a new pair of Altra hiking shoes, and I wore them all day, and they didn't hurt my feet at all.

Best year of my life so far.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Wow, that is a big dump of snow!

Ol'Buzzard said...

We got over a foot and the coast two feet. I couldn't see the birds through the whiteout. They must have all traveled down to you. Snow, seven degrees, winds at twenty-five gusting to forty; a beautiful winter day in Maine.
the Ol'Buzzard

pam nash said...

Seven inches. That's a bunch of snow. Last snow we got was pretty for a couple of hours, then it melted away. Like it's supposed to do!

e said...

I'm so glad that you finally got some snow! Great result with the boots, too.

yellowdoggranny said...

it was 70 here that day...............just saying..