Monday, December 28, 2020

Another 2020 Sucker Punch

 In the grand scheme of things, losing your favorite soft drink for all time is a small disappointment. But this is 2020, Year of Horrors, and Coca-Cola's decision to discontinue production of TaB is One. Last. Kick. In. The. Keister.


Yes, here I sit looking at my last two 12-packs of TaB, purchased at great expense from Ebay. By the time the fucking assholes management team at Coca-Cola announced the discontinuation of this worthy beverage, all available stocks of it had been snapped up by opportunists.

I've been drinking TaB since the early 1970s, and it is literally the only Coke product I like. TaB was Coke's first diet cola, and it doesn't taste anything like Coke or Diet Coke. It's not sweet. It has a hint of cinnamon. And until Red Bull came along, it was the best soda to rev up the heart rate.

It hasn't been easy to get TaB here in New Jersey for the past 10 years, but if you had a good eye you could find it. And then you just bought every 12-pack on the shelf. In this way I've kept my larder stocked with TaB pretty continuously. Alas, no more!

So a big, fat FUCK YOU to Coca-Cola! You had ONE product I bought. You DISCONTINUED it. I hope it's the beginning of the END OF YOUR COMPANY!

You know who drinks Diet Coke? Donald Trump. Case closed, the company can drown in rat poison.

6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Just another innocent casualty of 2020. RIP TaB.

yellowdoggranny said...

I've never even tasted it so I can't feel your pain..iz a dr pepper gal.

Bob said...

I have never had a TaB.
I have never had a Red Bull.
But I do love your rant!

anne marie in philly said...

diet pepsi is my drink of choice. I was never too fond of tab. "everything the dump touches dies."

e said...

Sometimes the small losses hurt as much as the large ones. I was devastated when my favorite local fabric store went out of business. It's not a big deal except that it is... So sorry about your TaB!

Bohemian said...

They have done the same thing with Coke Zero, the Rat Bastards! I've trawled the City finding whatever was left, people made runs for it before I realized what was going on!