Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Borders Sealed

I bid you greetings from the Independent Republic of Johnsonia! We have reached out to congratulate President-Elect Biden on his electoral college certification and his strong speech thereafter. The coughing and throat-clearing were a bit concerning.

Speaking of concerning, after seeing the case counts rising at her place of work (and after hearing someone in the restroom fail to wash their hands), the Grand Wazoo put in a doctor's note that will keep her working inside the borders of Johnsonia for quite some time.

Whew! What a relief!

Actually I'm surprised how relieved I am, but I am really, really relieved. No workplace can be 100 percent safe right now, and even though mine seemed like a good bet, recently I was not nearly so comfortable.

So Johnsonia is all sealed up, not even allowing our ambassadors-at-large to come home for the holidays. We take public health very seriously in this nation.

Also, there's some kind of winter storm on the way. Since Johnsonia is in the coastal plain it usually gets a "wintry mix," which is a nice way of saying "too warm for snow, too cold for rain."

Batten down, foreigners!

7 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

8-12 inches is no picnic. our snow plow guy is ready to take care of us. keep safe, johnsonians!

jenmoon said...

Yay! Glad to hear that you are safe(r?) for now.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad to read that you are working from home!

Janie Junebug said...

Joe told me he appreciates recognition from Johnsonia and no need to worry about coughing or throat clearing.

Love,
Janie

Bohemian said...

I was a bit concerned about Biden's throat clearing and hoarseness too, but figured perhaps he's having to talk so much, I know I get that way if I've had to discuss much... and I'm sure he's had much to discuss!

e said...

Good idea to close your borders. Health and safety are paramount! Really glad that your doctor would write you a note. Schools will be a viral breeding ground for quite some time.

yellowdoggranny said...

borders up tits up...merry christmas my friend..to you Mark and the girls.