Friday, January 01, 2021

Pardon Me While I Wallow in Self Pity and Nostalgia

 Oh, Wretched New Year! This would have been my 10th year marching in the Philadelphia Mummers Parade. Alas, quite sensibly, the 2021 parade was canceled. Here I sit, on yet another day of self-imposed quarantine, dodging COVID and watching Mummers recordings on t.v.

Strutting down memory lane is the best I can do.

EXHIBIT A: 2017 with The Fair



EXHIBIT B: My 3rd Parade, 2013



EXHIBIT C: OUR 1st Place Finish, 2018 (I'm in the rear in the red hat -- it was 6 degrees F at the time.)



EXHIBIT D:  2019 on Broad Street



EXHIBIT E: 2020 St. Patrick's Day, Luckily Held in February, Most Recent Strut


EXHIBIT F: Gritty and I Need Another Assignment ... Maybe Overthrowing the Oligarchy



EXHIBIT G: 2021


I'm crossing my fingers that 2021 will bring us a new, effective president and an end to this pandemic nightmare. COVID is real, it's a killer, and I wouldn't be in the parade this year if I was the only one missing it.

Stay warm, stay safe, Happy New Year!


5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, Anne, I thought of you today and how you will not be strutting your mummer stuff on the streets of Philly. But you're right -- NEXT YEAR! I bet it will be bigger and better than ever! Happy New Year!

anne marie in philly said...

no "oh dem golden slippers" this year. but if we all stay alive and covid-free, next year should be a banging good time!

got your holiday card; thank you! HNY to you and your family!

Laura said...

at least you have something to look forward to? :-)
happy new year to you and your family
love, kisses & magical wishes...
~*~

Bohemian said...

Next Year indeed, so many things would be great if they return to a semblance of Normalcy. It was good to wallow in the Nostalgic Pity Party with you tho' since I do Love a good Parade!

e said...

I'm sorry that such exuberant fun had to be canceled. Holding on to the thought of 2022...