Saturday, August 17, 2019

Woodstock Was 50 Years Ago

Where has time gone? Of course, I was ten years old in the summer of 1969, so the Moon landing had more of an impact on me then.

Woodstock has since loomed larger. Some of the bands that played there became favorites of mine within three or four years of the event.

There's a store near my house called Woodstock Trading Company. They sell beads, incense, Grateful Dead t-shirts, fairy balls, candles, essential oils, and jewelry. In short, one of Anne's happy places.

EXHIBIT A: WOODSTOCK TRADING COMPANY, CHERRY HILL, NJ


On Saturday, the folks at Woodstock threw a 50th anniversary party in honor of Woodstock (the festival). I got done up in my tie-dye, but when I got there it was pretty hot. So I came home.

But not before the dear proprietors of Woodstock Trading Company gave me a present. They had found a vulture feather and saved it for me, tied to a piece of hemp.

May the bored gods keep and guide my very own Woodstock family! Peace.

5 comments:

Bohemian said...

The Woodstock Trading Co. sounds like my kinda place!

anne marie in philly said...

I was 15 in 69; no way in hell were my "parental units gonna let me go to woodstock.

I'mma check out this shop; I LOVE hippie stuff like that!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You are clearly a beloved customer! Enjoy the vulture feather!

yellowdoggranny said...

I wanted to go but I was a working single mother with 2 young boys..but I saw the movie..haha

Ol'Buzzard said...

I was in Vietnam, so I missed it.
the Ol'Buzzard