Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Another Old Friend Drops By

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," now apparently broadcasting mostly from Facebook! Oh well, it beats Twitter. If you search me and get Facebook, I promise I'll have this content on there so you can click it. If you want to pick it. Such a sticky wicket.

Ah ... Anne has lost a stride or two, but she hasn't forgotten the whole dance.

All three of you readers are likely to recall my many adventures with the Monkey Man, a local figure who started as a mystery and became a lifelong friend. Well, Thanksgiving is here, and guess who's coming to dinner? THE MONKEY MAN!

The clear light of day reveals our Monkey Man to be Rocky Wilson, and this year in the spring he published his first collection of poetry! Let's hear some applause!

Here's the Man himself, with his book and his monkey.

(This photo first appeared in the Camden Courier Post, and I hope they don't sue me, because I don't have any money anyway.)

I just checked Amazon, and Rocky's book, The Last Bus to Camden, is not currently available there. Friends, it just about sold out its first print run. I am not exaggerating. You should have seen the reading Rocky gave in Snobville at the bookstore. People were spilling out onto the sidewalk. There was not even standing room!

Tomorrow when I see the Monkey Man, I'll ask him for permission to print a few of his verses here on "The Gods Are Bored" from time to time. It sure would lighten the mood.

Speaking of which, I haven't put my claw-sharpener away. In 2017 there will be more marching than just the Mummers Parade. Your reporter will be on the front lines in our nation's capital for the big protest on January 21.

But in the meantime, we are looking for the Light. Please give a warm, wonderful "Gods Are Bored" round of applause to Rocky Wilson, author, poet, and 100 percent fabulous guy! Best friends forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that's so exciting! I love your blogs about Monkey Man :)

Also, are you talking about the women's march on DC in January? I'm going to be there, too!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Hurray for The Monkey Man! I'm so glad to hear of his publishing success. You know, any person I've ever known who was called Rocky was a good guy.

Thanksgiving blessings to you and everyone at your table tomorrow!

yellowdoggranny said...

i think the monkey man should move to west..