Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," practical buzzard worship for the new millennium! If you're not knee-deep in rotting carcasses, thank a vulture!
We're pleased to announce a fabulous contest, exclusive to "The Gods Are Bored!"
It's called The Great, Grand, Griffon Grab.
Here's how it works:
You know those quarters they've made, one for each state, with a little patriotic scene on the back depicting the best things about that state? Of course you do. Every time you find one from your home state you stuff it in your pocket to keep.
Did you know that the California quarters have a condor on them? Yessir, there, engraved in whatever it is they make quarters out of, is a soaring scavenging bird. One that's still teetering on the brink of extinction but has made enough of a comeback to warrant the coin honor.
So, here's how you enter the Great Griffon Grab:
1. Every time you get a California quarter, save it.
2. On December 31, 2006, take your accumulation of California quarters to the bank and cash them in for real money.
3. Send the money to the Rare And Endangered Species Trust (RESTAFRICA).
4. Tell me the amount you sent, via email. My email is in my Profile.
5. (You can just send them a hefty donation and pretend it was produced by saving quarters.)
Here's what the winner gets!
GREAT, GRAND, GRIFFON GRAB GOODIES!
1. One brand-new t-shirt from the East Coast Vulture Festival 2007, in the size you designate.
2. One brand-new turkey vulture stuffed animal (adorable).
3. One set of 6 vulture all-occasion cards (perfect for birthdays and sympathy).
4. One turkey vulture key-chain.
5. One East Coat Vulture Festival kerchief.
Wow! That's a first-class buzzard package if ever I saw one!
So, get busy saving those quarters, and you'll help save the Cape Griffon Vulture!
I'll be posting this from time to time to remind you. Tell all your friends! The more the merrier!
Kayak Dave has already entered. He's setting a fast pace. Good luck!