Thursday, December 07, 2006

Puck, Grounded

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," your headquarters for the harried, hurried, worried, and not-yet-buried!

By this time next week my husband may be out on strike. The owner of his plant wants to freeze the pension, thank you Ronald Reagan and Ken Lay!

But what's the rule here at "The Gods Are Bored?" Rose-colored glasses only! That way, when the sun goes super-nova, we won't even be able to tell!

Awhile back it became apparent that I'd have to give up freelance goat-judging and go into the workforce. So for the next 10 weeks I'll be a longterm substitute teacher in the Ag shop at the local Vo-Tech school. I've had four days to prepare for the profession that people earn doctorates in -- secondary education.

It's bad enough that this Ag shop is almost exclusively horticultural in emphasis. Heck, they don't even keep any cows on site! But what makes it worse is that the classroom has the worst infestation of faeries I've ever seen.

I've been "in service" with the teacher who's leaving for the last two days. I swear by all the fae that every time that teacher puts something down, it disappears. And have you seen the amount of paperwork teachers have to do? Computers only make it worse.

Before I can do anything else I'll have to tame those bad faeries. That means my own, Puck and Princess, are grounded here at home until matters come under control.

Exhibit A: Puck the Faerie











And that means I won't be able to find my slippers at night, for sure. But the grade book is more important than the slippers.

FROM ANNE
THE LAPSED GOAT JUDGE
"Puck," by Seitou, reprinted only with permission of "The Gods Are Bored," please!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Your headquarters for the harried, hurried, worried, and not-yet-buried!"

Hey, that is a great line, I can relate to that. But I've slowed down at last, the world can continue going to hell without me. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

Well, I do like to pick on it. That is Gods job isn't it? :-)

Hecate said...

I find the fairies in my house can be propitiated by some very good booze on my altar. I'm not sure that would work in the classroom, though!

Athana said...

Good luck with the job, anne -- and with the fae. Sorry there aren't any goats at the job site. Maybe next time.

Davoh said...

hey, Annie, no problem, just transmogrify (photoshop) every face into a kid ...

Am sure your skills will prevail.

Anonymous said...

I've been looking at some of your first posts. I like this blog all in all. Mind if I link you on mine?

And I spotted the translate tool so I also put it on my blog.

Have a great day, hugs.

Anne Johnson said...

We at "The Gods Are Bored" love to be linked! Thank you very much. I have to update my sidebar as well.