Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Eve

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored" on election eve, 2006.

We at "The Gods Are Bored" have always evaluated candidates on their platforms, voting records, and perceived personal integrity. However, this election we urge every and all readers of this post to vote the straight Democratic ticket.

It's like choosing between Hell and Heck, but it must be done.

Case in point:

This man was one of my best friends in college. We graduated the same year. We had a barter going through senior year: He lent me textbooks, I typed his papers. So I know that he is a fine man, an intelligent man, good-hearted and perfectly capable of doing the job. I still hold a deep fondness for him.

And yet I could not bring myself to vote for this man, this kind and wonderful person. As luck would have it, I don't live in his state anyway. But this is the first time in my life that I'm judging political party over every other consideration.

But woe to you who think a Democratic sweep will change anything! The Democrats will do just as much to correct global warming as the Republicans did to abolish abortion.

In this country, it's liberty and justice for the rich. The rest of us can rot, and decrease the surplus population.

FROM ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BERKELEY SPRINGS

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sad but true...at least I'm not the only one that's cynical about things getting done in the government...but I plan to vote regardless...

kayakdave said...

I voted straight Dem. for the first time in my life. (early voting in WV) I agree with what you say 100%.

Athana said...

Is that Mr. What's His First Name Steele I see in your picture, anne?!? You typed his papers in college? Whoooo-eee!

I surely do agree with you that The Rich have risen up and Taken Over. But we've knocked 'em down before (1776) , and I say we can knock 'em down again!