Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Morning in Johnsonia

 It's a blustery morning here in the Independent Republic of Johnsonia, and the Grand Wazoo has a day off.  I, Anne Johnson, am that Wazoo.

I'm very glad to have my own country, because it is Election Day in the United States of America, and if I was still a citizen of that nation, I would be FREAKING THE FUCK OUT.

Instead, I'm busy with affairs of state in my own dear country.

Several prominent blue jays have hopped forward for Cabinet positions. To balance out all that blueness, I have also engaged four cardinals to dispense justice and to see to an even distribution of government-issued rations.

Squirrels are the opposition party. No surprises there.

Gamma the cat is now Secretary of the Interior. He is a known polluter, but he promises to keep Johnsonia free of disease-bearing rodents.

My firstborn daughter has agreed to be Ambassador to the United States, and her somewhat baffled boyfriend is now Ambassador to the E.U. (He stood for our national anthem but had to be briefed on the whole secession thing afterwards.)  If daughter Fair is interested, the ambassadorship to Canada is still open. If she's not, I'll appoint a blue jay.

Johnsonia just celebrated its first Samhain -- Druidism is the state religion -- in a very depressing manner. While a record number of American trick-or-treaters took candy from a basket in front of the house, we citizens hunkered around a bonfire out back.  The U.S.A.'s cavalier response to the pandemic is one reason for secession, and on Samhain we felt it keenly.

Johnsonia wishes its neighboring nation a free and fair election and a peaceful transition of power. Thank goodness none of that matters to us!

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Glad all is peaceful and serene in your independent republic today. I don't think a blue jay would be an appropriate ambassador to Canada, however, because of potential confusion/conflict with our professional baseball team, the Toronto Blue Jays. A chickadee might work out better.

Bob said...

Sounds like the ideal government.

And gave me a much needed smile this morning!

anne marie in philly said...

may the druids and all the bored gods/goddesses grant our wishes today.

e said...

Let us know your policies on immigration, will you, Grand Wazoo?

Janie Junebug said...

I enjoyed your post, Wazoo. I have big-time election anxiety but you made me smile.

Love,
Janie

Bohemian said...

Perhaps we all need an Independent Republic to be Established, but I'm too Tired to Run anything.

yellowdoggranny said...

I want to be sergeant of arms