Monday, September 07, 2020

Labor Day 2020

 Dear Pandemic Diary,

Today is Labor Day, and on every other Labor Day since 2008 I have marched in the Philadelphia AFL-CIO Labor Day parade. One year I made the march (about a mile and a half) one week before a total hip replacement. That's where I got this bag.



Last year it was hot as ever loving fuck. I think I got a touch of heat stroke. But even that was better than sitting on my front porch doing yet another virtual holiday on the computer. One can only click the heart button so many times, you know?

And speaking of virtual, my new life as a virtual school teacher begins on Tuesday. I had all last week to prepare ... except not really, because the district scheduled 3 hours of meetings a day, and on Friday they had a 90 minute meeting about taking attendance. Therefore I did not get the kinks ironed out of the dodgy technology they gave me to use. It worked on Thursday, but not on Friday. So I'm not going to trust it on Tuesday.

The district offered us the opportunity to come in on Labor Day to prepare. To which I say



I. Will. Never. Work. On. Labor. Day.

United we bargain, divided we beg.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

damn str8 about no work! hope all goes well for you tomorrow.

jenmoon said...

Good luck.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
e said...

The People United will Never Be Defeated!
The People United will Never Be Divided!

Another proud Union member supporting you.

Good luck, sister. My thoughts are with you.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maebius said...

This whole years has been odd. The new normal will work itself out, but shift is hard as shit. Im sorry.