Saturday, June 20, 2020

Summer Solstice 2020

The longest day of the year in the Northern Hemisphere means that now the wheel will turn, and we begin our descent into the darkness.

And this time, we need to rage against the dying of the light, because there is important work to do. Work that requires energy.

There's a great evil afoot in the land. It's bigger than Trump. It's the Earth herself crying out against the destruction wrought by thinking apes.

It's time to ward our houses and tend our gardens. As you work on your land, say the following petition:

"I'm doing this for Gaia. I'm doing this to counter the evil afoot in the land."

So now you're saying, "But Anne. I don't have a garden!"

A house plant in a pot counts as a garden. Anything that grows from dirt counts as a garden. Even a sky plant is a garden!

We've got to tend the Land. It's practical and symbolic. The more growing things we cultivate, the more oxygen goes into the sky. Every dandelion counts. Grass counts too -- just ask Walt Whitman.

Go to ground. Go to Gaia.

Solstice energy.

7 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

can't believe half the calendar year is over. I have a house plant at work that I love. I cannot bring said plant home cause the leaves are poisonous for cats. but I can water it/talk to it at work and it makes me happy.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Summer Solstice blessings to you, Anne! I just spent some time with My Rare One in her garden. It's growing like gangbusters. The Goddess and the Green Man have been VERY busy this year!

yellowdoggranny said...

summer solstice blessings sweet anne...I'm tending to my garden and making plans for next year..

e said...

I will use your petition as I work in my garden. Right now the bees are busy in the clover. I've picked raspberries and blueberries and rhubarb, and the peas are fattening up. We send love to the Mother and weave a protection around us all.

Janie Junebug said...

My son mowed my yard today. The leaves of grass look good.

Love,
Janie

Moonroot said...

I will definitely be using this petition! Thank you.

Panty Buns said...

Ruh roh.
I guess it' about time to try to overcome my governing sloth, hope to overcome the usual SNAFUS I imagine are somehow related to my ancestor Murphy, make another attempt to try to overcome the usual results my black thumb has on my attempts to grow things, and pretend this wasn't an horrendous example of me writing yet another run-on sentence.
As much as it strains my brain trying to think of and evil greater than that which is inextricably intertwined with the abomination referred to as Trump, (a.k.a. Orange Turd etc. etc. etc. etc.), I agree wholeheartedly with your conclusion. Its infection of our planet must be cured and healed somehow.
Against all odds I'm really rooting hard for our Goddess / earth mother to prevail.