Thursday, June 18, 2020

So Done with "Benefit of the Doubt"

I have always wanted to believe the best about people. Give them the benefit of the doubt, so to speak.

So when Donald Trump was elected president, shortly after I emerged from the Well of Despair, I said to myself, "Maybe he'll rise to the occasion and be a dignified chief executive."

BAMP! Wrong.

And then I thought to myself, "Well, maybe he'll stop holding those loathsome, hateful rallies."

BAMP! Wrong.

And then I thought, "Well, he's such an embarrassment, the rest of the Republican Party will not support him."

BAMP! Wrong.

Then the coronavirus began to spread, and I said to myself, "Well, this would be a challenge for any president. You can't blame him for floundering a little."

BAMP! Wrong.

So after he was caught off guard (having disbanded a pandemic task force he inherited from the previous administration), he has not only never caught up, he is now actively promoting further infection.

If I die of this virus, let it always be said of Anne: She was murdered in cold blood by Donald Trump.

My faith in human nature has been torched. Not giving the benefit of the doubt any more.

5 comments:

Bob said...

He's got the blood of nearly 120,000 Americans on his hands right now,

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He's the worst possible person to be in charge of any emergency situation.

anne marie in philly said...

trust NO ONE with an R after their name! VOTE FOR UNCLE JOE 2020!

Ol'Buzzard said...

Always doubt; Our nature is self serving and bigoted - good people are the exception.
the Ol'Buzzard

Bohemian said...

Some people never deserved the benefit of any Doubt, they removed all Doubt of who or what they were a long time ago, he is one of them. When people voted him in they knew who and what he was, so I can only assume those that support him are either just like him or so easily manipulated and conned that they're too stupid to be told anything that would have warned them and given them the benefit of any Doubt about what they would get. They deserved what they got, the rest of us are innocent Victims of something we never elected and wouldn't have ever put in power and would remove from power immediately if we but could.