Sunday, December 08, 2019

Sweet, Sweet Lil BUB

I'm having trouble with this site being linked to some raunchy websites, but what can I do? I have no idea how the Internet works. Over the years I've written less about sex than any other topic, but I guess there are people out there who really do want to hook up with deities. More power to those people. They are not me.

I'm just going to put my two cents in about the death last week of Lil BUB. If you are a cat-lover like me, you no doubt wept, like me, when you saw on Facebook or Instagram that she passed in her sleep after a battle with bone infection. She was eight years old, which to me is phenomenal, considering how wacky she looked.

Maybe in ordinary circumstances I would have been mildly amused by BUB. But over the last three years I have sought her out often as an antidote to the times we live in. I know her owner made bank on her, and I don't fault him for a second. She raised lots of money for homeless pets. And she was so cute. You'll never see her in pessimistic memes like Grumpy Cat. She'll always be a special lil waif, destined for an early departure from this vale of tears until a kind man took her in.

I don't know about you, but I felt like lil BUB was my cat-away-from-home. I have followed her on every platform, although I never went out of my way to meet her. She seemed to have a cheerful personality ... and those videos of her slurping her food ... (her teeth never came in) ... well, has there ever been any feline content more adorable?

BUB got an obituary in the New York Times, that venerable publication that I read every Sunday. Glad to know that she was important enough that her passing was duly noted. I will miss the new photos of her but always look at the archives. As for purchasing BUB merchandise, I already have it. The Heir gave me a BUB calendar last year for Yule. I have literally looked at BUB every day this year.

So, lil BUB, what a cat you were! Trundle off now to the Summer Lands, and say hello to my Alpha. And my Beta. And Ozzie. And Dusty. And all my foster kittens who didn't make it. You made Trump World slightly more bearable. No mean feat.

7 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

BUB was an adorable teeny kitty; she will be missed.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Rest in peace, Lil BUB. As an internet superstar, you brought joy to a world sorely in need of it.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Grumpy cat was loved by millions. Nine years is a short life for a cat; but it is the quality of care that matters and I believe she was well cared for.
the Ol'Buzzard

yellowdoggranny said...

how sad..not as sad as when I lost Dexter..but sad..

Janie Junebug said...

I feel stupid. I don't remember ever hearing about Lil BUB. I'll have to take a look online.

Love,
Janie

Will you please email me the name and address of the high school where you work? I'll need it at tax time.
dumpedfirstwife@gmail.com

jono said...

Who wouldn't want to love a god or goddess? Yeah, I don't know how it works, either.
My 3 cats and I properly mourned the passing of lil BUB. She really was a cutie for all her issues and did many wonderful things for the cat world.

Kimber said...

Janet,

I love your email address.
I can only imagine the story behind why you chose that but I hope your life is full of awesomeness.