Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Marching After All

Goodness, it was a close call, but at the 11th hour I did this ...


I will be able to march, if briefly, in the 2020 Mummers Parade!

Mr. J was in the hospital for two days, and I thought I might have to scratch the parade from my dance card. But they discharged him, so I'll be able to join the club in Philly and do the competition and the Broad Street portion of the event. All is well!

If you want to watch my portion of the parade, it will be on from 10:00 until 1:00 - ish, live streamed on PHL 17 dot com. I can't give more precise coordinates for when the Two Street Stompers will perform.

Apologies for not being a better correspondent this year. To be perfectly honest, I feel like my writing skills have eroded. It's a consequence of career change, the political climate, and possibly just age. Nothing seems to be a laughing matter anymore.

But pish tosh! A new decade dawns, the next Roaring Twenties, and it's time to dust off the flapper gowns and elect a boring president!

If there's any topic you'd like me to tackle in 2020, fling it in a comment. Maybe what I need is inspiration. Or to live a somewhat interesting life ... which I mostly don't.

Thank you again, sweet readers, for helping get books and supplies for my students. May all the Gods and Goddesses of multiple pantheons both known and unknown bless you and keep you, and make Their light shine upon you.


I got to meet this Thunderbird in 2019. That will be hard to top.

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

OH MY! hope mister J is feeling better. that is scary.

I would like to know more about how we can help your kids. how can we readers assist your students to succeed. you are correct, nothing is funny any more. but perhaps we can shine a light on your students.

hope it's not too uncomfortable for the parade tomorrow.

wish my maternal grandparents were still alive so that I could ask them about the previous roaring 20s. they met and married during that decade.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sorry to hear Mr J was in hospital -- very worrying -- but glad that he's now home again! And glad you'll be in the Mummers' Parade as scheduled. I've been thinking about you the past few days and wondering what your crew's costumes/dance will be all about. Have fun tomorrow! Best wishes for 2020 and may the mighty Thunderbird bring you special blessings!

Laura said...

I'm so sorry to hear Mr J had to go into hospital. I hope he's feeling better and that you had a great time on your parade! Happy New Year!
blessings
~*~