Thursday, January 19, 2017

It's All About Justice

The prayer that unites all Druids has lines about justice, the knowledge of justice, and the love of justice. How can a species be endowed with an understanding of justice and then just disregard it?

When a handful of families control more wealth than all the rest of the people on the planet, this is injustice. They can use any tool to divide the rest of us, to have us quarreling on any number of issues, to encourage us to form tribes based on birth, location, ideology. While we fight and die, they watch.

If our species engaged in egalitarianism, with level heads and warm hearts, we would soon set this planet right. We would have respect for animals, plants, the soil, the water, and our population growth. Employers would pay workers a living wage, and the bosses would live modestly themselves. Respect and camaraderie would rule, and justice would follow.

This cannot be achieved by coercion (it's been tried), which is why I despair for our species.


All the same, I will march for justice.  This is the sign I will carry to the Women's March on Washington.
                                                                           
The last resort for the few at the top is to abolish group efforts toward seeking living wages and respectful treatment. People living in fear can be controlled. The end game for the billionaires is control. They are truly supervillains.

So, while I feel that destruction of the environment is the most pressing issue facing the human race at this time, I am moved to speak for justice. For collective bargaining, a process that helps anyone within its gates -- Black, White, Muslim, Pagan, man, woman, child.

It's 5:00 and I've been awake two hours. I'm frankly scared about the march. But I will go anyway. This is my last post before I leave, so if you have an extra moment or two over the next few days, I beg you to watch this wonderful scene from the film "Matewan," by John Sayles. It perfectly articulates my philosophy, and it's why I'm carrying my union sign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RSaBoDl_9k


Peace to you all,
Anne

13 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

DON'T BE AFRAID. that's what the supervillians want. if you fear, you can be controlled.

MARCH WITH YOUR SIGN AND HEAD HELD HIGH! just like john lewis.

Marie Smith said...

I live in eastern Canada and I will watch that march and think of you! You carry the hopes of women all over the world with you! Walk brave and proud, without fear, for all of us.

Birdie said...

I'm in Canada and I am walking a line of sadness and hopelessness. The world is going mad.

Martha said...

I love your philosophy. I'd love to have you as a neighbour.

Janie Junebug said...

I will think of you as I watch the coverage on television and read articles about the march. You represent so many of us.

Love,
Janie

Ol'Buzzard said...

Plow deep, plant straight and think good thoughts
Chairman Mao
Travel safe
the Ol'Buzzard

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm going to wear my tie-dye t-shirt in solidarity on Saturday. You know why! Good luck and have fun. Let truth and justice ring!

mshatch said...

I completely agree. Hope the march went well - it sure looks like it did!

Davoh said...

Have been born and bred in AUSTRALIA.
Austria is a different concept.

Ah, literacy ... different worlds. What a difference one, or two, arabic letters in this polyglot language "english" make.

Words can become " alternative facts" - some can become ".. truthful hyperbole's" ... mmmm, who knows ...

Davoh said...

Anne - whatever happens - am on your side. My words mean very little since i cannot, physically, "BE THERE" -
But can only write - am with you, in beliefs and spirit - every step of your way .....

Cliff said...

I was awake at 3:00 AM that morning too! I dread crowds, and boy was there a crowd! Love your sign and the story behind it! Hope you are well and rested. It was a long day.

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm plum proud to know you..

Bob said...

I'd just like to say Thanks for marching. It wasn't a lot of actual movement, but you moved millions.