Sunday, March 27, 2011

Shout Out for Dragons!

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" Today's sermon is on a fabulous beast from beyond the veil: the dragon.

I believe in dragons. We have their bones all around us and are still digging more up. We put those bones together and call them dinosaurs, but what they really are is dragons.

Dragons live in the Other World now, but still we can feel their intentions, both dangerous and benign. Only a stone cold fool would court a dangerous dragon, but you see people who do it -- big old tattoos on their arms, t-shirts that breathe fire. Don't come crying to me, tough guy, when that dragon thrashes you into a puddle of karma.

As for me, I prefer benign or beneficial dragons. A benign dragon just wants to play fetch, climb trees, and laugh as you beg it to come down. Beneficial dragons, though not seeming to be fierce, can protect you when the world is coming to pieces around you.

Big Red is a benign dragon. As you can see, he climbed a tree and laughed when I begged him to come down. I laughed too. Laughter is a good thing.

All of this is prelude to the most bizarre but necessary "Gods Are Bored" shameless plea ever.

I need stuffed dragons. At least a dozen. If you have a stuffed dragon, or you know where to get one cheap, I will pay its postage from you to me, and back from me to you.

When I said that the Mountain Tribe would sponsor a dragon toss at the Spoutwood Farm Fairie Festival, I thought it would be nothing to pick up a dozen dragons from the thrift store. Over the years I have seen dragons there aplenty. I got Big Red there. Since then I've passed over quite a few cute dragons simply because I had no need for them, and I figured there were kids out there who needed benign dragons.

In the past four weeks, I have rescued exactly one dragon from the thrift store. There's a distinct dragon deficit.

So if you have a dragon, or you know where you can get one cheap, or you see one between now and mid-April, help me out here! I'll pay you to send me your dragon. I'll keep scrupulous records of which dragon belongs to which person. And then, after your dragon has gotten a chance to soar and fly for a weekend, I'll send it back to you. It will be extremely contented and bring you scads of good luck and happiness.

Talk to Miss Annie. I need to borrow your dragon.

PS - In this post I have called dragons "it" because dragons come in both genders, and I didn't want to say he/she.

8 comments:

Hecate said...

I am going to send you G/Son's stuffed dragon that may look a bit like a dinosaur. Can you eamail me your address?

My Circle once did an amazing ritual to invoke pink dragons to guard the Code Pink house in DC, followed up w/ a visit to said house, bearing stuff like shampoo, toilet paper, etc. I love working with dragons! One must, however, remember to tread lightly. For humans are crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Unknown said...

I have a lovely red dragon, Mushu, who would love to travel to visit you. He has been with me through most of High School, all of College, and a cross-country move and is now bored with sitting on my headboard. Let me know where to send him and he'll pack his bags!

Lori F - MN said...

Might have a couple to send you. Can you contact me with your address?

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm going to find you the mother of all dragons.

nettle said...

I have Red's orange twin. He would be pleased to attend.

Anne Johnson said...

Anyone who needs my address can contact me at luvbuzzards at yahoo dot com. Our operators will return your call in a speedy manner.

Wizardess said...

Hmmm...just volunteered to help at the Fairie Festival, but I don't know my assignment yet. I have a lovely green dragon puppet who could just accompany me there, no postage er nuthin. I will be there on Friday & Sunday. What time is the Dragon Toss?

Regina said...

Oh my god!!! I was just talking about dragons earlier today, had the most amazing meditation a few weeks ago, and it all had to do with mythical creatures ...

Anyhooo, not to go over the ledge here but I'm a bit of a clairvoyant and have been going to school to develop the skill, we had an awesome dragon class last year. Our teachers tell us that whether or not they existed in the past, we humans have spent so much time telling stories about them that they actually exist on another plane. ... Read on if you're interested:

http://www.diaryofapsychichealer.com/2010/10/mythical-creatures-in-psychic-readings.html

Lol I got really excited when I saw your post =)