Foster Kitten 101
Welcome to "The Gods are Bored," honoring Isis and Osiris through kitten care since 2003! I won't get a pyramid over my bones, or pots of honey and such, but those Egyptian deities are going to roll out the old welcome mat to yours truly anyway! Why, even as I type this I must stop every other word and stroke two tired kittens. Who will shortly be under a lit-up pine tree, waiting for the embrace of a sweet little girl I'll never even meet.
Say what you want about meditation, sweat lodges, magick, prayer, you name it. In my book, a gal who's putting in 60-75 hour work weeks who can still care for motherless kittens is performing an act of worship. (*TOOT TOOT!* That's me blowing my own damn horn.)
Here's a little crash course on foster kitten care.
Kitten Care 101
1. Kittens live in a rabbit hutch.
2. Kittens must stay in the rabbit hutch while humans are not watching them.
3. Contents of hutch as follows: blanket or cat bed, cat box, cat food.
4. If kittens are removed from the hutch for playtime, the cat box should be removed too. That way they can use it.
5. If kittens are placed back into the hutch for safekeeping during a long day when people aren't around, the cat box should be placed back into the hutch with them.
6. If the cat box stays outside the hutch while the kittens are locked into the hutch, things get messy.
7. So, always keep the cat box and the kittens in the same convenient location.
It usually doesn't matter to me whether or not my husband and daughter read my blog. Tonight I rather hope they will.