Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A New Wrinkle on Assigning Chores to Teenagers

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored!" Tonight I'm so dead tired I'm having to beat the buzzards off with a stick.

I survived my first full day in the classroom. I was at work 10 hours.

You know how it is. You come home at the end of a long day, and you ask your teenager to do some of the chores. Well, I'm here to tell you that my daughter The Spare just jumped right in and helped out massively!

How, you ask? Visit her blog and read all about Obama's school speech from one of the students he was trying to address!

Then come back here, early and often, for more pithy wisdom on ancient deities and their resurgence in these horrific modern times.

*snores*

4 comments:

Lori F-MN said...

Hurrah to the Spare! I'll pass her blog on to my son.
Congrats on surviving the first day of (teaching) school!
So, are you counting down the days until Your first vacation?

yellowdoggranny said...

so? other than tired...how was your day?

Maebius said...

hopefully you didn't beat the Thunderbirds too hard. :)

Kudos for being the Mom you are, so that the Spare can be who she is. A few more years and my own little slav..er.. child will be able to help out around the house too!
(tongue firmly in cheek with that kid-assistance comment. it's 6am and I've been at work myself with 3 hours sleep since tuesday morning.)

Hecate said...

The spare's quite a writer, but, then, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, does it?