Thursday, September 03, 2009

The Gods Go to School

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," your polytheistic portal to perfection! As always, I'm Anne, your hostess ... hostressed ... so stressed.

But wait! I'm not actually stressed!

Maybe it's my age, but I've gotten to a point where I can see things differently than I once did. If someone tells me, "You must do this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this....." (add an exponential number of "thises"), I realize that no human being could possibly do all that.

Maybe I'll get this done. And this. And this. And that's that. Time for quiet meditation by the Shrine of the Mists!

One of the "this" musts I did for my new students was to ask nicely for the school district to provide me with reading material. That way I don't run a risk of heaving something controversial into my classroom. So I thank all of you who wanted to send me books, but I think I'll err on the side of safety and stick to the proper channels.

Now I'm finished with this. Queen Brighid the Bright and I are going to fix supper.

Oh yeah ... I forgot! Mr. Johnson has offered to help me set up my classroom! After 30 years of proofreading all his prize-winning journalism before he submitted it, I am to get a recompense! Ha ha! Who do you think is going to have to climb the step-stool and staple up the paper on the bulletin boards? Tee heee......

4 comments:

Lori F-MN said...

Anne, if you have to purchase books for the class, look into Dover Publications. I purchased A Christmas Carol for about $1. As a teacher, you may get a bulk discount.

yellowdoggranny said...

I was going to send you Don Quixote for young people, the Innocents abroad and a book with 2 stories in it..the crusades and iron men and saints.
whatcha think?

Rick Loftus, M.D. said...

I'm keeping you in my prayers everyday, Anne. I hope you meet the challenges with verve and delight! As I say to my residents: "Knock 'em alive!"
Blessings,
Rick

Anne Johnson said...

LOL! Knock 'em alive!!!