Wednesday, May 19, 2021

About the Podcast/Moron Sighting

 You can blame my school district.

They blocked Blogger.

I can see my blog but can't write new posts.

I guess I should write them in Google and then copy and paste them here, but there's something comforting about composing on this platform. Blogger and I go way back. Blogger is basically my blankie.

It occurred to me that I could do a podcast and put it up here.

Nowadays there are now thousands of podcasts out there. It's ridiculous, really. And when things get ridiculous, it's time to spoof them! You didn't expect "The Gods Are Bored" to go straight, did you? BAMP. No! If you're gonna spend time with me, I want you to have fun!

My first podcast was serious. If I do a serious one, I'll give you a head's up that it's serious or informational. If it's a spoof, I'll tell you that, too.

I'll also tell you how long the recording is. It won't ever exceed 10 minutes, because the platform I use maxes out at 10 minutes.

I'm not gonna switch completely to podcasting. That would make me snobby.

In today's news, Maximum Moron on the loose! Story below.

I joined a New Jersey hiking group on Facebook. Last night I saw a post, and I only wish I could find it to include the compelling photo here. Alas, it might have been axed from the feed. The post featured one of those morons that you stroke your chin and wonder: How the hell did this person live to adulthood?

The picture was of a young bro in his early 20s, out in the woods, holding up a snake. The bro was grinning ear to ear.

The photo caption: "I'm from Idaho, so I don't know much about the wildlife in New Jersey. What kind of snake is this?"

For the love of fruit flies!

The comments had been disabled, needless to say. But not before people informed the young idiot that he was holding a Nope Rope, a Danger Noodle, a Savage String. And someone else said, "We don't go pulling your damn potatoes out of the ground, do we?"

It's been quite a while since I saw a classic moron. Trump had the moron market cornered for so long, it's actually refreshing to see one outside of politics.

8 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

MORON is right! probably a dumpturd too. it would serve him right if the snake bit him.

Janie Junebug said...

You'll never see me holding a snake of any kind, anywhere.

pam nash said...

Hmmm- while I wouldn't grab one up and hold it for a selfie, I would try to get a picture then send it on its snakey way. Idiot for picking up something without knowing what it is - snakes, bugs, plants - all can be bad for human types.

e said...

Yes, in a way it is comforting to know that regular morons still exist in the wild. This particular one may not last long. I love your alternate names for poisonous snakes! Danger Noodle! LoL.

Thanks for the heads up on the podcasting. Good to know what's what and not have to wonder when everything goes Onion-esque.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yea verily, morons shall always be with us.

Tal Hartsfeld said...

"...it's actually refreshing to see (a moron) outside of politics".
I guess you haven't seen the pictures of people at service stations filling open buckets and plastic bags with extra gasoline during the brief "gas ration" panic of a week or two ago.

yellowdoggranny said...

judas priest...snakes are to be slowly backed away from jackass..sigh*
yes, podcast here.

Bohemian said...

The ReTrumplicans rolled out more Morons than I thought could ever exist and live to Adulthood... but yes, it is refreshing to see one outside of Politics. The fact he probably Lived is a Testimony to Dumb Luck... I really do feel that Natural Selection hasn't done a good enough job of culling Stupid, that Herd is far too large!