Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Rush To Judgment

I heard about Rush Limbaugh before I heard him on the radio.

And the first thing I heard about him is that he said that the vast majority of Americans are conservative. Which had to be true, because Rush said it.

Rush, in this case, was whispered with reverence. The hapless soul doing the whispering was my Uncle Foggy, who had tuned in to the radio one day in 1988 and never looked back.

By 1988 Uncle Foggy had been unemployed for 10 years. It wasn't his fault that he lost his job. His line of work (lamp manufacturing) was off-shored. He was in his 50s when he got laid off, and then as now, a person that age wasn't going to waltz into another good-paying job.

So Uncle Foggy moved in with my grandparents in their home on Polish Mountain and took care of them as they aged. After they died, my dad and my other uncle demanded that our family allow Foggy to live out his days in the house on Polish Mountain without having to pay rent.

This was not a hardship for me. I loved my uncle Foggy, and I loved going to see him. He was well-read and affable, and a good cook to boot. Not a bad senior citizen to subsidize with my private income, in the form of taxes on an appreciating property.

And then came Rush.

My formerly affable uncle became argumentative. Snarky. He said mean things about liberals and feminazis. He reserved special ire for people sucking the government's tit.

The man was living on $500 a month in Social Security, as well as Medicare and Medicaid.  If not for the privately-subsidized family roof over his head, he would have needed food stamps and SSI. But he couldn't see that Rush (reverent whisper) was talking about people like him.

Point of pride, I have never listened to more than 10 minutes of a Rush Limbaugh broadcast. I knew poison when I heard it. The inside jokes, the "we get this because we're special" jeers. The predator seeking lonely rural people and then inviting them to his toxic worldview with chummy hatred.

I stopped going to see Uncle Foggy. To me that poor man stands as a microcosm of the brutal fallout from the ending of the Fairness Doctrine. So many people who should have known better got sucked into the Limbaugh orbit, and that orbit spins directly into what happened on January 6 of this year.

Therefore, I, Anne Johnson, Grand Wazoo of the Independent Republic of Johnsonia, hereby decree GREAT REJOICING at the DEATH AT A RELATIVELY EARLY AGE of the MENACE known as RUSH LIMBAUGH. To Hell with him, and speedily!

I would love to think that this PUSTULE ON THE BUTTOCK OF SOCIETY won't be replaced in the American psyche, but alas, HE HAS SPAWNED A DEVIL ARMY OF CLONES. With more to come, I'm sure!

It's ironic that this creature died of cancer. His words were cancerous, they spread throughout the land, and they POISONED THE WELL.

The Christians get him for eternity. And if that isn't a good pitch to become Pagan, I don't know what is.

WOOT WOOT! Let's get this party started!

8 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

this fat drug-addicted racist sexist homophobic bastard cannot spew his vile shit any more.

so let's take a number and #restinpiss on his grave!

Bob said...

I have never listened to more than a second of a Rush Limbaugh broadcast because the sound of his voice irked me so; much like the former so-called president..

pam nash said...

You are a better woman than I, able to have listened to him for as long as 10 minutes. I hate listening to that sort of crap and avoid it like the disease he and those like him are. Excellent DECREE, Grand Wazoo!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

He was truly a vile, vile man. Good thing the Independent Republic of Johnsonia repudiates him so thoroughly.

e said...

Hear Hear! I heartily cosign everything in this Glorious Decree! Waste no mercy on purveyors of hatred, only hope for their swift relocation to their christian hell.

Janie Junebug said...

One less asshole in the world. I'm amazed by all the people who follow trump but don't understand that he hates them.

Love,
Janie

Bohemian said...

What Ann Marie said... one less of his ilk is not missed.

yellowdoggranny said...

my dilemma is I don't know if I should dance on his grave or piss on it.