Saturday, December 31, 2011

Philadelphia Mummers Parade Live Stream

Wow, I am not sure this will work, but the Mummers Parade should be live streaming on the channel that broadcasts it to Philadelphia.

The Mummers will be cleansing Philadelphia of the negative energy brought into the city by the Dominionists and their DC40 campaign. In the grandest tradition of the bored gods, we turn everything upside down, break all the rules, and have a wonderful time doing it!

I am a proud member of Two Street, an award-winning Comic brigade. We will be marching second overall ... virtually opening a parade that lasts more than eight hours! Our routine is based on Oktoberfest (another grand festival of misrule). If you see us perform, send me a four-star review! Best viewing time would be between the hours of 10 and 11 a.m. New Year's Day.

If you get the stream later in the afternoon, be prepared. Those string bands you see? Amateurs. Word. You won't believe it either.

Here's the link, but best to copy and paste or Google:


http://www.myphl17.com/ 
 
 

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I think I got to the link too late to see your crew of Mummers -- when I watched, it was the Finnegans all in white with rainbow wigs. So I'm hoping you can post some photos later of your triumph!

yellowdoggranny said...

I'm checking back..some of them were black still.

Maebius said...

Drat, I juuuuust missed watching you folks on the TV coverage. Stepped away to check on cooking in the oven, and whwen I came back the Two Street Stompers were walking off camera. ARGH!

Hopefully I'll track down a YouTube clip this week.

Congrats Anne!!

Maebius said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmlERgxzxPU

Found that link, but it's only the latter part of the performance. Hmm... I'll keep looking.