Monday, November 22, 2010

In The Hands of the Goddess Cloacina

A very brief dispatch from "The Gods Are Bored." We have a potential buyer for our farm in Appalachia -- the owner of the adjoining property, who would be buying it as an investment and would be looking for vacation renters. I have asked the bored Goddess Cloacina, who is in that neighborhood just now, to shed Her brilliance on this transaction.

If the purchase is made, a property that was split up in the 1930s by my great-grandfather would all be in one person's ownership again. Not a family member, but a neighbor in good standing since 1987.

Please toss a coin in a charity fountain with a prayer to Cloacina on my behalf. The person who may buy my land would let me tread upon it in a most liberal way.

FROM ANNE
THE MERLIN OF BEDFORD COUNTY

PS - Thirty, count 'em, 30 copies of The Great Gatsby! I love you all!

6 comments:

The Traveler said...

Oh that has to be very bitter sweet. You can add my good wishes that this works out the way that will work best for you.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

May Cloacina smile upon this transaction!

Dancing With Fey said...

Good luck. I really hope that your prayers are answered and that this person buys the land! (Though buying land does seem weird to me...how can someone own land?)

Rick Loftus, M.D. said...

Crossing fingers and toes! Good Luck!
-Rick

PS We love you back!

yellowdoggranny said...

candles lit..prayers sent

Hecate said...

Sending good thoughts that this works out for you!