Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The One and Only Billy Shears

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," planting primroses along Memory Lane since John, Paul, George, and Ringo were Satanic! Honestly, do you really believe that "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" is about a kid's picture?

Tonight, for reasons known only to her, my daughter The Spare hauled out my old Beatles records. I mean records. Those round, black things with grooves in them. Some time ago, Mr. Johnson bought a record player, and Spare got that up and spinning. The music sounds so different!

It sounds like a younger me.

I just love the first songs on "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band." And my favorite ... possibly my all-time Beatles favorite ... is "With a Little Help from My Friends."

Wow, I'm one unique puppy, eh?

Hearing that song come out of a tinny record player, from the records I spun when I was in college, made me think of all the friends I've had over the years. The tall and the small. The meek and the bold. The jokers and the smokers and the midnight tokers. The ones who walked away, and the ones who stayed.

And you. And you, and you, and you.

I have met wonderful people through this web site. I've gotten comments from people I thought of as heroes (Isaac Bonewits, Rodger Cunningham). I've had drinks with a few of you and met others at the Fairie Festival at Spoutwood. I've learned to love the Dallas Cowboys from you.

I get by with a little help from my friends, with a little help from my friends.

Stay with me, won't you?

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

We'll be here for so long as you have dried bonito flakes, YUM!

Dancing With Fey said...

I'll definitely stay with you. :)

Aquila ka Hecate said...

Staying. With you.

Love,
Terri in Joburg

Anonymous said...

In my life I've loved them all. Rodger Cunningham

Pom said...

Can't imagine giving up my daily smile.

Maeve said...

I'll stay as long as you don't get smell-o-vision and share the pungent odor of fish flakes with us, LOL!!

Rick Loftus, M.D. said...

Hooray, count me in, too! Every day I look forward to your posts, Anne; I pass the smile on to my patients. My brothers think the dinosaur bench altar is uber-cool, BTW....

yellowdoggranny said...

go Cowboys..

Alex Pendragon said...

"There's nothing you can do that can't be done...There's nothing you can sing that can't be sung"

It's EASY!

Anonymous said...

Do you have a daughter called the Aire and spare, or was that just a typo.

Anonymous said...

Is there any way you can post the pictures of the rat finks from the other posts? I got a kick out the rat fink envy post and the other one with the orange rat fink. Thanks

Maebius said...

Thanks! I'm glad to be a reader of this blog!

And remember, fair maiden, should you need us...
Yes, should you need us, for any reason at all...
:)

Lurch said...

Have you added any finks to the collection? I've added about 40 more.