Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Back by Popular Demand



Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," live from my desktop! Bring on the pictures, the bells and whistles, the vlogs and YouTube links! I'm back online!

Here and now, I would be remiss if I did not thank my dear friend, Sufficiently Twisted, for his computer expertise. He saved this ship. What could I possibly do for him in return? I let him use my Facebook account to drive his battle power on Castle Age. One good turn deserves another!

Please, though ... If you're my Facebook friend, don't think for one minute it was me slaying the dreaded Hydra. I've had Hydras as pets, and they're great. You save a lot of money on fuel bills, and they really don't eat that much. I feed them Rice Krispy Treats.

Seriously, if you could keep a magickal pet, what would it be? I think I'd like something I could fly around on. Maybe a Super Vulture. That sounds swell. Nice bald buzzard with a 15-foot wingspan. I would be chippin!

Speaking of vultures, it's time to mark your calendars for the busy "Gods Are Bored" spring season! First, coming up very shortly on March 6 is the annual East Coast Vulture Festival, our yearly gathering of buzzard devotees. Won't you join us? This year's program is a Native American drum group. Seriously, I could use a spotter at this event, because I may swoon. Native Americans praising their sacred Peace Eagle! Be still my beating heart. And yes, I will be "suiting up" as the vulture mascot again. I'm humbled at the prospect.

From Vulture Fest it's only a short burst of incredibly debilitating teaching until the Spoutwood Fairie Festival! Oh my, I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this event! My daughter The Spare and I already have our room booked at the nearest hotel (we don't do the camping thing). Won't we all be ready for spring by May Day? Now go and look at your calendar. Beltaine is on Saturday this year! So, come one, come all, to Glen Rock, PA. Meet and greet me there! I'm hard to miss. I'm the leader of the Mountain Tribe. And this year ... we WILL rock you!

Frankly, I'm finding this year to be one of the most trying of my entire life. The prospect of my annual festivals and revels keeps me hopeful that all will be well, and that all that is well will be wonderful.

6 comments:

Alex Pendragon said...

I really wish I could attend your festivals. And you, Anne, make a fine carrion eater if ever there was one!

Mascot, that is........

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I bow to your vulturey awesomeness!

Maebius said...

This year, I hope to make it to Glenn Rock on time, and actually join the Tribe before the big group revel instead of at the end of the day. Will Big Red be attending also?

And I'd love to see the Buzzard Fest, but it's deep in the midst of tax season here, nad my weekends are all booked up, sadly.

Dancing With Fey said...

I wanna go!

How about this...I'll go if you pay my travel expences and explain to my professors why I won't be doing homework those weekends. ;)

But those do look like a LOT of fun. Enjoy yourself at them! :)

yellowdoggranny said...

one day...you'll come to westfest and i'll go to the vulture fair..or what ever it is..ha

i already have a magical pet..dexter is amazing..

Unknown said...

Have you seen Avatar yet? If you mentioned it in your blog, I'm sorry, i haen't been keeping up! Anyway, I want one of those big birds that they fly around on (but I don't want to have to climb that scary mountain, or jump around on the clouds to get on it)....
Can't wait to see you in May! Or actually, April 30th!