Tuesday, March 08, 2022

On Teenagers and Masks

 Masks became optional at my school on Monday, March 7.

I figured I would walk in and finally see all the dewy young faces that have been partially obscured since September.

Guess what? The masks are all firmly in place! The only kids not wearing them are kids who wouldn't comply with the mandate. Those kids are unmasked. Everyone else didn't skip a beat. It's wall-to-wall masks, about 93 percent of everyone!

I never expected this, but now that I think about it, well. Teenagers. You know? They all want to hide their faces. Or to do what their friends are doing. If the cool kids keep wearing their masks, everyone else will.

Now I'm wondering if the principal will have to decree an end to mask wearing at some point. Until he does, I'm quite content to reside behind a sheath of cloth.


6 comments:

jenmoon said...

Good for you! Sounds downright miraculous.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, who would have thought?

yellowdoggranny said...

hotdamn

Nan said...

Once again, kids are proving they can be a lot smarter than the adults around them.

Bohemian said...

Most of the Children are just smarter than the vast majority of Adults, plus, they have more to Live for I guess, it's their Future getting screwed up if us Adults get it all Wrong! I've never had one iota of problem getting my Grandkids, of any Age, to wear a Mask since Day One, even when few other people in our Covidiot State were wearing them. If I ask them to put one on, they comply, if I've asked anyone under 30 to put one on, they comply. None of them wants to be the Death of a vulnerable Adult or Small Child... whereas the consensus of most Adults over 30 that I know is: What about ME... since their level of Care rarely extends beyond themselves. Bravo to your Students... and for you since you set a Good Example to them.

Ol'Buzzard said...

Good for the kids. There are always that few... You can tell by the kids what their parents are like.'
the Ol'Buzzard