Monday, May 15, 2017

#We

Did you hear that Donald Trump posted a tweet that said nothing more than "We?"

As in:

We

This would have remained very mysterious had he not deleted it a few minutes later. But you know the Internet. Lots of people saw it.


I sat down with my dear friend, the faerie Puck, to try to decode this tweet, as it seemed to be an intelligent attempt to get people to finish his thought for him. What could be behind the impulsive We?

Puck betrays my age as he helps me to translate.

are the champions.

Easy and obvious.

will, we will rock you.

No fair, Puck, that's the same song.

all went down to Montreaux, on the Lake Geneva shoreline.

Whoa, Puck! You heavy metal faerie, you! You might be on to something there. Here's what I think:

are stardust, we are golden.

Puck says that's absolutely the last possible one that Donald Trump would choose. He thumbs his nose at me and says Betsy DeVo$$ was using Trump's device, and she meant to tweet

don't need no education.

Thanks, Puck. I love you too. Well, it was Mother's Day ... perhaps he meant

are family. I've got all my sisters with me.

Does he have sisters? I'm not gonna look it up. Instead I'll pump my fist, resistance-style, and say

are strong. No one can tell us we're wrong.

Puck says it could be an early Christmas tweet. Maybe he meant

three kings of Orient are,

or

wish you a merry Christmas.

Wrong time of year, Puck! Nor is it Thanksgiving, so ditch

gather together to ask the Lord's blessing.

I guess we could go on and on like this, especially if you start adding apostrophes:

're off to see the wizard, the wonderful Wizard of Oz.

've only just begun ... to live ... white lace and promises ... a kiss for luck and we're on our waaaaayyyy.....

Okay, okay, Puck! I'll stop singing! I know that last one hopelessly anchors me in Geezer Bay!

There is only one ending to that elusive We that I can completely rule out, because the tweeter in question is a hard case, seriously interested only in his map of his electoral college victory and his ratings on the nightly news shows. There is no way, sadly, that Donald Trump would have followed that We with

shall overcome.

What do you think? Help Puck and me out here!

11 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

WE are coming for you, dump...WE will see you locked up in jail...WE the people shall be heard!

PS - vote tomorrow (at least in PA); our country's future depends on it!

Toni said...

My gut feeling is that he (not Puck) was responding to his French mistress. She tweeted: "Do you want to meet me tonight in the oval office for a little something?"

He meant 'oui' but he cain't get it right in English, how can we expect him to get it right in a foreign language.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Ha ha, this post is brilliant, Anne! And so lovely to have Puck make an appearance again.

Harry Hamid said...

Whatever it was, I assume he meant the royal we because the President ONLY talks about himself.

baili said...

it looks like "We don't care what you think or do about us people "

e said...

, THE PEOPLE, WILL IMPEACH YOU!

Oh, wait. That would have been from the multitude of disenfranchised voters.

Jono said...

Well, that was fun. Now I am trying to come up with more WE songs. Didn't we?

yellowdoggranny said...

or to quote jackiesue..'we are fucked.'

Davoh said...

Um, am trying to find an image posted on the internet when George W. Bush and his merry band of 'neo-cons' were happily destroying the communities in Afghanistan and Iraq ..

Depicted a planet where the only part of it was the small patch situated between Canada and Mexico ... heh.

Davoh said...

WE, the "other" peoples on this planet - did NOT vote to have Donald John Trump as 'leader of the "free" world'. OK.

Davoh said...

Seriously. most of the 'political' analysts here are trying to figure out how to deal with .. a "joke".