Tuesday, May 04, 2010

In Which I Become the Jabberwock

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," clueless on computers since around the turn of the century! If anyone can tell me how to have my followers' pictures in my sidebar along with my links, please lend a hand. Seems that when I enabled the followers, Blogger ate my links.

Speaking of eating, I am Jabberwocky! The following poem was written by my friend Maebius, who attended the Spoutwood Fairy Festival.Thanks, Maebius, for writing TGAB tonight!


Twas beltaine, and the fairie grove
Did shine and sparkle like the waves:
All mimsy were the kiddie troves,
And the mom sats in shade.

"Beware the JohnsonAnne, my friends!
The smile thats bright, the hugs that catch!
Beware the Jubjub Spare, not shun
The wonderous Mountain Clan[ch]!"

We took our crystal shard in hand:
Long time the manxome Tribe we sought --
So rested we by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought we stood,
The JohnsonAnne, with eyes aflame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as she came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The Tribes all chanted snicker-snack!
We joined in song, after not long
and Galumphing echoed back. (KUBIANDO!)

"And, has thou enjoyed the Faerie Fest?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
We chortled in our joy.

Twas beltaine, and the fairie grove
Did shine and sparkle like the waves:
All mimsy were the kiddie troves,
And the mom sats in shade.
May 04, 2010

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The perfect poem for you! Well done, mighty bard Maebius!

yellowdoggranny said...

well!..just how wonderful is that?

Maebius said...

I'll quote Nettle here: *Wild applause*

Glad you liked it. This year's Faerie-fest made me all inspired and bardic, and creative. Drawing lepusnir (Odin''s rabbit) and that sort of thing.

either it's inspiration from the Beltaine ritual, or lyme disease. Take your pick.
(I pick ritual Muses!!)