Actually, "Forever 21" is the name of a popular young women's clothing shop in this area. Personally, I go there and look at the stuff, then wait for it to hit the thrift store in a year or two.
My daughter The Heir turned 21 this week. She was kind of depressed about it. She has the silly idea that turning 21 means you have to be an adult. This is only true in the necessity of having to provide for your bodily needs yourself. Otherwise, it's playtime!
Do you like to play? It's okay with us here at TGAB if you consider running five miles or playing a couple rounds of golf playing. But there are so many other ways to play! Let us count the ways to play!
FREE ADVICE ON HOW TO PLAY, FOR MY DAUGHTER THE HEIR AND ANYONE ELSE WHO NEEDS FREE ADVICE, by ANNE
1. Dress up in a costume. Wear a wig. Go to an event, any event that invites people in costumes and wigs. I guarantee you did this as a tiny tot -- and loved it -- and you're going to love it while being Forever 21!
2. Make fun stuff. Cakes, pies, clay sculptures, rock gardens, a magick wand. Construction is work. Tinkering is play. A wand made in a spirit of joy is going to rock on with positive energy.
3. Have a child or two. You'll play with them, and that will be fun.
4. Adopt a pet. You'll play with it, and that will be fun.
5. Do something naughty. Not "against the law" naughty, but just on the edge of that. Remember that great feeling of getting away with something when no one was looking? Definitely will make you feel Forever 21.
6. Ask stupid questions. When people laugh, laugh with them. If you ask intelligent questions, that's too much like school. Keep it stupid or silly. In that way you will retain your childlike innocence. Can I have some Oreos, please?
7. Root for a losing team. That'll take you back into the day, won't it?
8. Buy crayons and Play-dough. Just the smell of those things keeps you young.
9. Don't worry about your weight or your health. You didn't worry about these things when you really were young, so why start now? If you feel good in the skin you're in, you're young!
10. Invite multiple faeries to every occasion, activity, everyday occurrence, and event. Enough said on that!
THINGS NOT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO STAY FOREVER 21
1. Buy trendy clothes.
2. Put your job ahead of your family and friends.
3. Expect your house to be neat all the time.
4. Cultivate a sense of decorum.
5. Fail to giggle when you burp or experience flatulence.
There now! More fabulous free advice, a veritable Fountain of Youth, poured out for The Heir and the many, in forgiveness of adulthood!
May The Force Be with You.
Artwork: Eyeball Vulture, by The Heir
Labels: free advice