Sunday, December 17, 2017

We Interrupt This Presidency

It is with deep sorrow that I mark the passing of Beta Cat from the apparent world. She was old, and something went wrong inside, and you know how cats are ... she sat hunched up, eyes scrunched, ear tips cold. I took her to the vet, and they said there was something wrong inside, very wrong indeed. So Olivia came from Philadelphia, and we were both there to say goodbye.

Beta was a real yodeler, so the house is very quiet now. It's hard to even want to be at home. The holidays, never a happy time in my reckoning, will be even harder now.

Presidential duties will resume in a few days.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

my condolences, madame president, on your loss. I h8 this time of year too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Poor old Beta. Farewell and condolences. Over the Rainbow Bridge, she is a kitten once more, frolicking at the feet of Bast.

e said...

I'm so sorry. The darned fur babies just break our hearts, don't they? Take all the time you need, ma'am.

Jono said...

Sorry to hear this.

Janie Junebug said...

My condolences.

Love,
Janie

yellowdoggranny said...

oh noooooo...Anne I'm so sorry...this makes me sad..wish I was there to give you a bigass texas hug.