Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Old and Ugly

I got up this morning at 6:00 and was at work by 7:00. I left work at 3:45 and drove home. I collapsed in a chair, and all I can think about is where I'll get the energy to make dinner.

I'm 58 and tired. So what does that make Donald Trump?

I think in the minds of many morons taxpayers, Donald Trump is a permanently youthful figure, invigorated by his years of sexual conquest and macho bluster. It's quite easy to perpetuate this myth when you're standing behind a podium, and all you've done that day is a 60-minute tirade political speech.

But the presidency? That's a different story.

I'm slender and in great health, but my mind boggles at a 9-day trip through a half dozen countries, out of my time zone and language competency. Oh, I could do it, but it would age me prematurely (as it does most presidents).

Donald Trump is 70 years old and overweight. Nothing in his previous work history has prepared him for the pace of governing one of the world's largest and most complicated nations. It's no wonder that he retreats to his golf courses and country clubs when he can -- the job is wearing him out.

This fact, not his horrible personality, will likely be his downfall.

Will he resign? Will he be impeached? Or will he just fall ill and need a very long vacation? I know the old fart isn't a quitter, but I'll bet even now he wishes he could ditch the day job without losing face.

I don't wish bad health on anyone, but hey, I don't have to. Donald Trump asked for it himself. He didn't sit down and think, "Wow, I'm going to be hella busy at a time of life when most rich men just hit the links." Yes, there's money and power in the game for him, but at the cost of his golden years.

Donald Trump's last bad deal was winning himself the presidency. Now he has to do the job. It just might kill him.

6 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

and he eats nothing but fast food and well-done steak with ketchup. and that orange skin!!!!! heart attack waiting to happen!

Bob said...

I think he'll resign and then spin it that he never wanted the job.
Anything to save [orange] face.

Harry Hamid said...

I guess I hadn't thought about that. Maybe fatigue explains some of his bad spur-of-the-moment decisions.

Reagan used to have people do most of the heavy lifting for him, didn't he? He was also younger than Trump was when elected.

I've been chalking it up to never having heard anyone tell him "No" before, but age could be playing a part...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I suspect all he really does is photo ops. Otherwise, nap time.

Janie Junebug said...

I laughed when he said that being president is much harder than he thought it would be. What an idiot. I'd like to know what his blood pressure is.

Love,
Janie

yellowdoggranny said...

my hope is he'll keel over from a stroke/heart attack over a bucket of KFC.