Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Why I'm Not Here

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," culture vultures and bad-ass buzzards since 2005! I proudly bear the name Anne Johnson and am grateful for its sublime anonymity.

At one point I was up to five readers, so I'll address you as if that's the number.

I haven't been here at "The Gods Are Bored" lately. There are two reasons:

1. Now that the tots are grown and I've settled into a Path that is written about so much better on other sites, I'm running out of things to say.

2. I'm writing a novel.

Yes, after spending 15 years writing a grand, sweeping, historical fantasy that was widely deemed suitable to line a bird cage, I've started a whole new project. This one's not a grand, sweeping historical fantasy. It's a droll little fluffy thing, aimed more at the heart than the head. In short, it's like "The Gods Are Bored," only fiction.

Here's the good part: When I finish this novel, tentatively titled Million Dollar View, I am going to copyright it and post it online as a free read. Oh, there will be a PayPal button, but I'll ask only a goodwill offering, if you choose to do so.

I expect this little confection to be completed within the calendar year. In the meantime I will still be dropping by TGAB with my usual blend of giddy and fluffy.

Speaking of which, isn't this adorable? I've started a garden of these around my shrine. Yard sales are chock-a-block with bowls and vases. The beauty of this craft idea is twofold: First and foremost, it's easy to do. Second, it's impermanent. If you need the bowls or vases, there they are!

13 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Magic glass toadstools! Sweet. I look forward to reading your novel when it's available -- have fun writing it!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to reading your book and I read your blog religiously...paganwise that is.
CLM

Lucretia said...

Have fun writing! And I sincerely look forward to reading and donating. :-)

yellowdoggranny said...

Can't wait to read the book and love the glass mushrooms.. a lot.

Terraluna said...

I'm glad it's something good that's been keeping you away. I was beginning to worry about you. I look forward to reading your novel.

I've always had a soft spot in my heart for old cut glass, but no real use for it. Now I see that I really do need more of it.

Kim Cooper said...

Oh, please don't stay away too much! I've been gone for a month because we just moved from California to Washington state --near Bellingham. We are in utter chaos here, having found some stuff and not others in the sea of boxes stacked up in the garage. This morning we ate breakfast watching a deer in the front yard, who was also watching us.
--Kim

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Glass mushrooms! Love your blog and check it out each and every day and look forward to reading your book! Do have a look at the glass totems created by the gal at Octoberfarm blog -- from bits and pieces of thrift store glassware!

Cheers! Jan at Rosemary Cottage

Stacy said...

That's so exciting that you're writing a book! Keep us posted on the progress :)

Hillbilly fairy said...

Don't forget about us out here!!!!

Kim Cooper said...

Hi. How's the writing coming along?

Kim Cooper said...

How's the writing coming?
--Kim

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Davoh said...

More power to the 'droll, little, fluffy things'. Though have to mention that it took a planetary catastrophe to allow marsupials a chance ... heh.