Thursday, April 23, 2015

Can't Get Behind Her

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," ten years of joyous romping in the Realms of the Mountain Gods! I'm Anne Johnson, and I used to get far more riled up about politics than I do now.

Pretty much I have given up on the system. I have lived long enough to see how things are now, as opposed to how they were in the mid-20th century, when we actually ousted crooks instead of deifying them.

This is why, although it would be very nice to have a woman running the show in the US of A, I can't get behind Hillary Clinton. If the fix is in, she is one of the authors of it.

I remember when Bill Clinton was president. Hillary was way more than a "First Lady." No tea parties and back yard gardens for her! She set her sights on a Universal Health Care bill and lobbied tirelessly for it. She was unsuccessful.

Bill Clinton signed NAFTA into law. Jobs moved overseas in cartloads. Then he presided over the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act, which set up our too-big-to-fail banks and laid the path for the ruthless hedge funding that is now the way of the world. I don't call that a stellar liberal political record, right there. To say the Clintons, when they were running America, did a better job than George W. Bush, is damning them with faint praise.

I supported Obama because he was a fresh face, and he exploited that fact. Say what you want about him -- and say what you want about Obamacare, because it's sure not perfect -- he did get health care done.

Mrs. Clinton had my tepid support until it was revealed that she used her personal email to conduct the business of state. This should not be done. How do you justify that? If you say it was for convenience, you're lazy. If you say it was to avoid scrutiny, you're a Clinton.

This country should not be run by two or three powerful families. That's how dictatorships are born.

We at "The Gods Are Bored" can hardly believe that we would support a pudgy old white man over a woman, but Bernie Sanders it is. Doesn't matter anyway, because the fix is in. This is a nation run by a few very wealthy families, and they want us to eat cake.

5 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

I like Warren too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My familiarity with Bernie Sanders comes entirely from reading his quotations over at Jackiesue's blog. I like his politics. He doesn't have a hope in hell of getting anywhere in the States, but good for him and his principles!

hekates said...

Elizabeth Warren too for me. I can't muster any enthusiasm for Clinton.

Mary said...

We're on the same page here, yay. I just cannot get behind this woman. My gut instinct is that she will do anything to promote herself, and then do what it takes to make herself look good no matter what. I so hate politics.

Kim Cooper said...

I don't think much of her either, but she's a heck of a lot better than any candidate the Republicans will put up, and if we don't all vote for Hillary, the Republican will win. It's a heck of a situation, but it is also a pattern that our country goes in waves of corruption and less corruption. we are currently in a very corrupt age. (If we ALL voted for Bernie Sanders, he would win!)
--Kim