Wednesday, December 24, 2014

All Is Calm

There's no use looking back at your life and thinking about what might have been. All you can do is move forward.

On this Christmas Eve, I am indeed looking back at all of the years I spent dragging my daughters to Children's Service, and then dragging them home, and then dragging them out again for a later service. And wedging in a big meal between the two services.

It was insane.

Tonight, here I sit, with The Spare next to me, and The Heir expected later, and the cats, and the bird, and Mr. J and Extra Chair, and it's time to chill.

Time to build a fire and let Spare make the dinner.

I am happily finished with the Christian faith. What remains is an appreciation of the vacation I get at the darkest time of the year ... time I can spend quietly, with my family.

I've lit some Frankincense for the bored gods. You know many, I'm sure, who claim this holy time as Their own. But of course there are 1,000 times as many -- that is no exaggeration -- who also claim this time as Their own. The smoke is for the Forgotten Ones. Before Jesus started doing it, these deities brought back The Light.

Someone ought to throw them a party.

4 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

my sweet Marissa gave me a tiny spiral goddess,,she knows me well..enjoy your family time..you deserve it..

Mary said...

It's true! I enjoy having so much less to do at this point, and I'm not hostessing a THING. It feels great to not be exhausted and harassed. :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Enjoy your quiet and peaceful Xmas day! You've earned it!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Everyone!
--Kim