Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Brief Burst of Optimism, Squashed

Welcome to "The Gods Are Bored," wishing on a star since 1975! Dunno why those dreams haven't come true.

Today I woke at 5:45 and got in my new car to drive to the teacher meetings that herald a new year of school.

My heart wasn't exactly light, but I did feel a touch of optimism as the shiny Subaru cruised to our mid-county campus. After all, wasn't it good to be working toward a cause, educating and inspiring young people? Wasn't it right and fine to be heading to a job?

That noble feeling lasted about one hour. First they overlooked me for my five years of service. Then they started in on evaluations, standardized testing (15 days this year), contract negotiations, and our district's draconian implementation of the state "reform" requirements.

I'll let this cat express my feelings about what is expected of me this year. And oh, I do feel sorry for my students!

3 comments:

yellowdoggranny said...

chin up tits out..you can do it..

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What Jackiesue says!

mary said...

Holyl crap, that cat would be creepy in the middle of the night.
That being said, I feel your pain. It's not like you're in the game for the recognition anyway; surely you knew going in that you'd have moments of "it's not fair". Cowgirl up, you can get through anything. I know it's true because we all have many many times. There will be some pretty weather to enjoy, the changing season in a very roadworthy vehicle, and... Samhain's a'comin'. :)